Caution! Do not evacuate unless told to do so by emergency personnel.
It is important to read through this information today. If you are ever confronted with this situation, you will want to know what you need to do to keep yourself and your colleagues safe. You may not remember that you have this information near you, but you may remember and recall what you are reading now.
If you receive a bomb threat, do not assume it’s a hoax. Respond immediately.
- Remain calm; try to get someone’s attention to listen in on the call; and obtain as much information as possible from the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is it?
- What does it look like?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- If you have caller ID, write down the phone number that is displayed. Remember:
- Woman’s or man’s voice?
- Approximate age?
- Tone of voice?
- Background noise?
- Notify Yale Police by calling 911 or 203-432-4400, or by using a campus Blue Phone. Ask for immediate assistance and provide the following information:
- Location (building and room number) of the emergency
- Nature and extent of the emergency
- Your name and a number to reach you
- Follow the instructions of emergency personnel