Warning! Do not move the injured person.
Notify Yale Police by calling 203-432-4400, by using a blue campus phone, or calling 911.
Ask for immediate medical assistance. Be prepared to give the following information:
- Location (building and room number)
- Best entrance for responder to go to (someone should meet the responders)
- Nature and extent of emergency
- Your name and the number from which you are calling
Follow instructions of emergency personnel.
If you are trained, assist with First Aid or CPR.
Report all incidents
- Call Risk Management at 203-432-0140
- Complete and file an incident report (employee or member of the public)
- Dial 911 on any campus phone or
- Call Police at 203-432-4400 or
- Press the red button on a blue phone or
- Go to the Yale Health Urgent Care Department at 55 Lock Street, first floor (24 hr coverage)
- Call Urgent Care during regular hours:
- Students: Call Student Medicine at 203-432-0312.
- Faculty + Staff: If unsure about severity of problem call 203-423-0312.
- Call Mental Health and Counseling 203-432-0290 or
- Walk in to Yale Health at 55 Lock Street
- For routine matters and schedule appointments, regular offices hours are 8:30am-5:00pm on weekdays.
- Emergency care is available 24 hours a day through Urgent Care: 203-432-0312.