Review + update your information every fall!
Yale ALERT can reach students, faculty, staff and members of the New Haven community, with time-sensitive information during unforeseen events or emergencies using voice, email, and/or text messaging. The University will use emergency contact numbers that have been registered with Yale. The Yale ALERT system and all methods of emergency communications are tested community-wide three times per year.
- Save the Yale ALERT number (203-432-5830) as a contact and pay immediate attention to all notifications.
The number used will be the emergency contact telephone number entered during the class registration process via the Student Information System (SIS). Students may update this information by logging onto the SIS and follow the instructions* below.
Graduate + Professional School Students
The number used will be the emergency contact telephone number entered into the student profile via the SIS. Students may update this information by logging onto the SIS and following the instructions below.
- Access the Emergency Contacts website by entering your NetID and password.
- Under Emergency Contacts, click on “New Contact.”
- On the Update Emergency Contacts screen, go to the Relationship field and select “Self.” Enter your name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- Go to the Phone Type field and select “Cell.” Enter the Area Code and Phone Number fields without dashes or spaces.
- Press the “Submit Changes” button at the bottom of the screen to save your information.
Parents are encouraged to provide their emergency contact information. To sign up, students must add their parents’ contact information through the SIS.
Faculty + Staff
The numbers used will be your home phone and a cell phone number which you provide in the Yale Portal. Please keep your contact information up-to-date:
- Log in to the Yale Portal with you NetID and password.
- Click on “My Pay and Info”, located in the right hand box titled “My Yale”.
- Click on the “Personal Information” tab, located in the top navigation tabs.
- You will see a section with your phone numbers, click “Update”.
- Update and click on “Next”.
- Review and save the changes
- It will be 24 hours before the changes are made in the Yale Alert system.
- Contact the Employee Service Center if you have questions about entering information into the Yale Portal.
Yale Extended Community
Yale contractors, visitors, neighbors, spouses, affiliates and members of the New Haven community may wish to receive emergency communications (text, email or voice) from the university. Go to the Yale ALERT website and follow the directions provided.