Weather events are closely monitored by the Office of Emergency Management, Security, Police and Facilities Departments. In the event of a campus-wide weather related emergency, the Office of Emergency Management provides information regarding preparedness and response activities.
It is important that you are:
- Well informed: Listen to the news and to learn how this event may affect you. Once the event has passed and if the Campus was affected, recovery activities will begin led by the Vice President for Global and Strategic Initiatives and the Office of the President.
- Be Prepared: Depending on the weather event, there are many preparedness activities that you can do. You may consider having a small disaster kit with items such as a flashlight and batteries, a battery powered radio, extra blankets, important contact information etc. In addition, campus services such as dining, security and police will continue functioning and providing services to the campus community.
To report injury or damage:
- Dial 911 on any campus phone or
- CALL Police at 203-432-4400 or
- Press the red button on a blue phone