Reporting Criminal Activity or Seeking Police Assistance

Yale police officers have the same standing and powers as officers of the New Haven Police Department, including complete authority to apprehend and arrest anyone involved in illegal acts on campus and throughout the City of New Haven.

  • Dial 911 from any phone
  • Call Police at 203-432-4400 or
  • Press the red button on a blue phone
  • Stop an officer and seek assistance
  • Ask a security guard to notify the Police