Hazardous materials spills, major spills, or catastrophic lab accidents
- Notify Yale Police by calling 203-432-4400, by using a blue campus phone, or calling 911
- Provide the following information:
- Location (building and room number)
- Nature and extent of emergency
- Your name and the number or location you are calling from
- Alert others nearby of the problem and safely leave the immediate area.
- Arrange to meet responders and discuss affected area, safe entry procedures, and any hazardous or unknown conditions. If not already contacted, notify Yale Environmental Health & Safety.
- Contact your supervisor, business/lead administrator, and/or principal investigator about the incident. Assist in cataloging impacts and recovery procedures.
*Planning discussion necessary by your department, unit, college, or school