Danger! Avoid flooded areas and exposed power lines
Call Facilities Operations Center
- Facilities Website
- Location (building and room number)
- Best entrance for responder to go (someone should meet responder at entrance)
- Nature and extent of emergency
- Your name and the number you are calling from
- Do not hang up until instructed to so do.
Follow instructions from Facilities Operations Center or emergency personnel.
Turn off computers and other non-essential equipment to help reduce the power surge upon reactivation.
- Turn off hot or stir plates, heating mantles, centrifuges, and other equipment
- with potential for dangerous consequences upon unattended restart.
- Close all open chemical containers, and safely stop work with any biological materials. Disinfect surfaces as appropriate.
- Lower sashes on fume hoods.