Warning! Do not touch, move, or open the object.
- Typical characteristics of a suspicious letter or parcel:
- Excessive postage, no postage, or non-canceled postage
- No return address or obviously fictitious return address
- Packages that are unexpected or from someone unfamiliar to you
- Excessive tape
- Improper spelling of addressee names, titles or locations
- Packages that are addressed to someone no longer with your organization or otherwise outdated
- Rigid, bulky, lopsided, or uneven
- Unexpected envelopes from foreign countries
- Restrictive markings [see: United States Postal Service website]
- Do not touch, move or open object.
- Treat item as suspect.
- Isolate area.
- Evacuate immediate area.
- Notify Yale Police by calling 203-432-4400, by using a blue campus phone, or calling 911.
- Request immediate assistance and follow instructions of emergency personnel.
Visit the United States Postal Inspection Service website for tips and prevention on suspicious mail.